In the spring of 1906, a union Sunday school was started which met in a schoolhouse on the county road between West Point and Sweet Hall. In 1923 a chapel was built, called Trinity Union, and later the members petitioned to become affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. On May 20, 1923 the church officially became Brett-Reed Memorial Presbyterian Church. The present building was built in 1925 when the church outgrew the chapel.
Brett-Reed Memorial Presbyterian Church
In 1928 the gym was built next door to meet the needs of the local community. The gym was fully restored and updated in 2020.
Brett-Reed has continued to meet in the same building with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m. each week. Major renovations were completed just a few years ago to update the lower level, add an upstairs parlor/meeting space and an elevator.